The Most Popular Contact Lens Brands In Which Opticians Should Be Familiar04/08/2021
There are several contact lenses brands on the market today. Some of the most popular brands of contact lenses are listed below, offering such qualities as overnight wear to daily wear and increased oxygen flow.
Depending on where an Optician works, he or she may hardly come into contact with contact lenses at all. That being stated, it is great to have at least enough knowledge of contact lenses, whether or not one is contact lens certified or not. They play a vital role in optimal vision correction, and some patients wear contact lenses along with eyewear, depending on the necessary visual correction.
Below are some of the contact lenses brands one need to know, especially if one is an Optician working with a physician, or ophthalmologist in a private office setting.
Ciba Vision Contact Lenses
- Dailies Total 1 (UV protection)
- Air Optix
- Freshlook (colors)
Acuvue Contact Lenses
- Acuvue Oasis with (Hydroclear, Astigmatism or Presbyopia)
- Acuvue 1 Day Wear
- Acuvue Advance (Hydroclear, Astigmatism)
- Acuvue 2
- 1 Day Acuvue Moist
Bausch & Lomb Contact Lenses
- PureVision (far/near, astigmatism, multifocal – distance, intermediate and near vision)
- PureVision2 (far/near, astigmatism)
- Soflens Toric (far/near, astigmatism, multifocal – distance, intermediate and near vision)
- Optima Toric (far/near, astigmatism)
- Boston GP (multifocal gas permeable – distance, intermediate and near vision)
This list is made available only to begin one’s knowledge of the various types of contact lenses and brands offered mostly to the public on demand. There are plenty more, however, this is a start.
In the meantime, it is important for Opticians to know the importance of making patients aware that with specific brands of contacts, they need to be removed at night while with others, the can be left in overnight. It is also important to clean contacts properly with preferred contact lens solution and also when to throw them out.